Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Not All Who Wander Are Lost
June, 2019 - Mount Denali, Alaska

Friday, January 15, 2016

I Won!

I can't believe I haven't done a blog post since Christmas. I hope all of you had a very happy new year. We've just been busy enjoying ourselves with nothing too earth shattering to write about.

Friends John and Janie left at the end of December, so the week after Christmas we made another trip to Mexico with them and had them over for dinner before they left. Since then, the weather is slowly starting to improve, so we've been enjoying more outdoor activities including golf, pickle ball and bocce ball with Dick and Wanda.

Last weekend Dick and Wanda invited us to join them in attending the "Boomers and Beyond" event at the Yuma Civic Center. I would describe it as a type of health fair as well as businesses with booths that might be of interest to older folks. Kevin and Dick listened to a program about the art of beer making. Wanda and I went around and filled out entries to win prizes at some of the booths. I also had a free bone density screening test done. I had the test done quite a few years ago by my doctor, so it will be interesting to see what he says about the results I got here, and how they compare to the earlier test.

I ended up winning a basket from Emerald Springs Assisted Living Facility in Yuma. The basket was full of delicious baked goods from a local bakery including cinnamon bread, chocolate bread, caramel corn, cookies and cinnamon syrup. There was a recipe for a french toast bake using the cinnamon bread. I made it the next day and invited Dick and Wanda to share it with us. It was okay, but I don't think I'd make it again. The baked goods are all delicious.



Sunrise isn't until after 7 a.m. Occasionally, there are some clouds in the morning. Here is one of the more beautiful ones I've observed lately.


Yesterday we went to a free golf clinic advertised as a putting and chipping event at the golf course here at the resort. The presenter was the golf pro from a local course in Yuma. The guy talked for an hour and a half, and we really didn't learn much of anything except the more you practice, the better you should get. I was not impressed with the guy, and would certainly not pay to take lessons with him. Oh well, at least it didn't cost us anything.

A group of ultralights have flown over the resort a few times lately. They are fun to watch. My dad always loved seeing them in Wisconsin. It was one of his dreams to fly one, but he never did. When I see them, it makes me think of my dad. I hope he's flying one every day in heaven :)


I hope everyone up north is staying warm. We certainly are enjoying the winter here in Yuma.

Don’t wish upon a star – Reach for one!

1 comment:

  1. Steve and I will be in Yuma next Thursday and Friday. Maybe we can meet you guys. We're doing the farm tour on Wednesday in Holtville Ca. I enjoyed reading your post after your visit last year and added it to my to do list.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!